Monday, October 20, 2008

My Michigan

For my Michigan History class, we were asked to write about "My Michigan" and what this state means to us. As a result, I produced this cheesy poem:

My Michigan mixes the modern with the past
The memories that I have here will always last
Late night drives on Highway Two
Heading to the Keweenaw just for a brew
Back to Mackinaw for Darrow's pie
The ultimate hangover cure we all concur
Back to the north, Hiawatha awaits
And another one of my mountain bikes it will soon take
In the distance a freighter fights gale force winds at Whitefish Point
A ghostly shadow in dusks last light
Down in the south First street comes alive
The Monger brothers dawn the stage
Singing fables of their beloved state
And no matter where I go
To the north and to the south are my colleagues
This is my home

No comments: